Re: Pages in sequence

David Perrell (davidp@earthlink.net)
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 21:18:23 -0700

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
To: "'Isamar Maia'" <isamar@magiclink.com.br>
Cc: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Pages in sequence
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 21:18:23 -0700

Isamar Maia wrote:

> How do I do 3 pages in sequence?.. one appear, then clear the screen, =
the
> other appear, then clear again.. and it goes.

(1) Use a client-pull META tag in the HEAD element:

<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Refresh" CONTENT=3D"1; =
URL=3Dhttp://www.your.site/nextpage.html">

The number at the start of CONTENT is the number of seconds the current =
page remains before requesting the URL.

This works with NS Navigator 1.1+, MSIE 2.0+, probably others.

(2) JavaScript equivalent (the number is in milliseconds):

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=3D"JavaScript">
setTimeout('window.location=3D"http://www.your.site/nextpage.html"', =
1000)
</SCRIPT>

This should be the last item in the BODY element.

In either case, you should put a link on the first page if you don't =
want users of unsupporting browsers thinking that's all there is. If you =
wanted to get tricky you could do a loop with JavaScript so's only those =
browsers that didn't support it would display the link, but that's =
beyond the scope of this message.

David Perrell