Re: Netscape's SPACER

David J. Greenberger (d.greenberger@cornell.edu)
Tue, 16 Jul 96 23:23:25 -0400

From: "David J. Greenberger" <d.greenberger@cornell.edu>
To: "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 96 23:23:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Netscape's SPACER

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:32:35 -0700, David Perrell wrote:

>Can anyone explain to me what the TYPE and SIZE attributes add to SPACER besides complexity, confusion, and extra characters?
>
>Why not just <SPACER HEIGHT=n WIDTH=n>, with default height and width zero?

Why ask why?  This is Netscape we're talking about, after all, inventors
of BLINK and CENTER.  What gives you the idea they'll all of a sudden do
something that makes sense?
--
David J. Greenberger                 Young Israel of Cornell
Cornell University                   (607) 256-2171 / (607) 272-5810 fax