Re: Keyboard control extensions to HTML (fwd)

MegaZone (
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 19:15:00 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Keyboard control extensions to HTML (fwd)
To: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 19:15:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>

Once upon a time Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet shaped the electrons to say...
>MegaZone <> wrote:
>> That is a question for the browser authors *not* HTML.  All HTML says is
>> 'this is something you should emphsize and hot key in some way'.  If you
>But the hotkey is defined as some special key sequence, not as some
>logical keystroke. If it used "help-key" or "cancel-key" instead of
>"F1" and "Esc" it would be a lot more useful, IMHO.

I think we're commenting on different things.  I was commenting on the
snippet Dan posted, you seem to be commenting on the original post with
the keyboard remapping.  (Which is EVIL.)

>The problem with that is that most authors will say "Press Ctrl-U to
>submit the form" and you will have to press something else. It's like

Authors should NOT be doing this, but you and I know some people are
clueless.  I've seen web pages which use obvious references to netscape
browser features instead of generic terms.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566