Re: Parsing methods

At 6:21p -0700 07/10/96, Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:

>> Inconsistent behavior can be much more than an annoyance, it could cost
>> someone a lot of money, or worse. And even valid markup is not necessarily
>> what the author intended, but validation usually points out the errors.
>
>Absolutely, I'm not arguing again validation in any way.  Quite the
>contrary.  Anyone using HTML for mission-critical applications and
>not validating it is asking for disaster.  I want all HTML to be
>clean and valid, but the reality is that as long as it _can_ be
>written by humans, it will be, and mistakes will be made.

Actually, a *human* had to write a program to *fix* the output of an HTML
generator known as "PageMill 1.0". The people who code the generators of
HTML code are prone to errors as well, and then it's the hand-coders (such
as myself) who can recognize bad HTML just glancing the source!

(BTW, Adobe acquired PM from another source, thereby inheriting the bugs.
Just so the fault doesn't get misattributed...:)