Re: Table Extension

Walter Ian Kaye (boo@best.com) wrote:

>>The whole table does not need to be loaded completely before rendering.
>
> Ah, but it does! Many calculations must be made before any part of the
> table can be rendered. It is those calculations which take the major
> proportion of time, rather than the rendering itself. (For specific
> numbers, you'd have to ask one of the browser programmers.)

Please read the message before replying. The way I use <TC> to define
a column instead of doing the table row by row does *not* require the
complete content to be available before starting to render. The browser
can render the first column, keep track of the widest entry, then
continue the second column. All perfectly progressive and no calculations
even.

Hope you understand it now :)

Thomas
--