Re[2]: Accessibility

Walter Ian Kaye (boo@best.com)
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 14:35:14 -0700

Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 14:35:14 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Accessibility

At 6:44p -0500 07/02/96, Adrian_Roseboom@hud.gov wrote:
>     I know everyone's experiences may vary, but I was completely surprised
>     a few months ago by our stats.  Lynx ranked up there somewhere in the
>     top ten browser types, way over the numbers below.  I still use it
>     from time to time, especially over telnet when I can't be bothered to
>     start up a heavy GUI.

Yup, even with my very GUI MacOS computer, I find it very convenient to
fire up Lynx when I'm telnetting in to my ISP. Also, since my telecom
program supports text drag-and-drop, I can drag a selection of text to the
desktop or another application (with Netscape, I have to copy/paste into an
email window before I can drag the text). And it's faster too, of course.
:-)

-Walter