Re: Accessibility

Ka-Ping Yee (s-ping@orange.cv.tottori-u.ac.jp)
Tue, 02 Jul 1996 14:27:22 +0900

Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 14:27:22 +0900
From: Ka-Ping Yee <s-ping@orange.cv.tottori-u.ac.jp>
To: Benjamin Franz <snowhare@netimages.com>
Cc: Ka-Ping Yee <s-ping@orange.cv.tottori-u.ac.jp>,
Subject: Re: Accessibility

Benjamin Franz wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> >
> > Careful.  Lynx is not "early" in the sense of "ancient";
> > it is currently used in many, many places, and development
> > continues.
>
> Don't fool yourself. Lynx has been losing market share ever since Mosaic
> came out. My numbers currently put it at around one percent of the market
> - and still falling.

That might be so; i have no numbers to refer to.  In places
where Lynx *is* used though, it seems to be quite needed.

But my primary point was not "Lynx is an extremely popular
browser"; it was "take a good, hard look before you dismiss
what Lynx can do".  The fact remains that Lynx does several
things more intelligently than other browsers do, and
others might benefit from noticing these features.

> What lynx needs more than *anything* else right now is table support -

I think you're probably right on this one.

Ping