Re: www-html-d Digest V96 #200

Spartacus (
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 09:58:28 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 09:58:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Spartacus <>
Subject: Re: www-html-d Digest V96 #200

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996 wrote:

> www-html-d Digest				Volume 96 : Issue 200
> Today's Topics:
> 	 Re: Is the digest messed up??

What appears to be happening is that every time a digest gets sent to the
bad address listed at the beginning of all of these, it bounces and the
mailer-daemon at that site is buggy and doesn't recognize a listserv or
provide a way for the listserv to handle the bounced message and just
adds an error message to the top of the message it receives (ie the
www-html list or digest) and replies to the Reply-To address, which then
results in the mailer at thinking that somebody contributed to the
list and sending out a new message.

Aargh...I've gotten 5 new message from while I've been writing

			--KTB aka Sparty

* Ski Fast, Live Forever

broderick: Running Linux 1.2.13 for your viewing pleasure.
  8:31am  up 8 days,  9:50,  0 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00