Re: Introducing NetscapeML

Hakon Lie (
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:01:30 +0200

Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:01:30 +0200
To: Hakon Lie <>
Cc:, Thomas Reardon <>,
Subject: Re: Introducing NetscapeML
From: Hakon Lie <>

Hakon Lie writes:

 > 1) With TYPE=horizontal, the effect is equivalent to the
 > 'word-spacing' property of CSS1
 >   NSML:   <SPACER TYPE=horizontal SIZE=10>
 >   CSS1:   <DIV STYLE="word-spacing: 10px">

The above conversions assume that SPACER is a container. James Clark
interpreted the release notes differently: SPACER an empty element
that adds space where it occurs. If this is the case, the conversion
between CSS and NSML is not as simple as above. (E.g., to achieve a
larger word spacing in a paragraph you would have to add a SPACER
element between all words) I'll do an update on the comparison when we
know more about how SPACER works.