Re: Yacc Grammar for HTML

In message <199601181809.KAA14358@symiserver2.symantec.com>, Torsten Hoff write
s:
link at http://union.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HyperNews/get/www/html/lang.html I came
>across is dead. It tries to link to http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/People
>/Connolly/html-test/yacc/, and apparently the directory no longer exists.

I get this question a lot. Tonight, I'm finally going to give a reasonable
answer...

>Could you kindly let me know where this file might have moved?

The html-test/yacc directory is now at:

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/html-test/yacc/

I put in a symlink so that the old link will work (to some extent...
it needs to be a real HTTP redirect...)

******** Major Caveat! ******

Here's the README

==================
This is a terrible hack. I posted it to
a maling list in a fit of insanity one
afternoon:

	http://www.eit.com/msgid/9501162134.AA15592@ulua.hal.com

and soon came to my sensed and
deleted it.

In the mean time, it got into the yahoo
catalog, and I can't get it out. So I
get a lot of mail asking where it went.

So here it is again.

Please don't ask me questions about it.
If you can make use of it, fine. If not,
too bad. I'm sorry, but I don't have time
for it.

You might ask the folks on the www-html@w3.org
mailing list.

Also... there was an excellent paper submitted
to WWW4 discussin a yacc grammar for HTML3. I
gave the paper an excellent review, and I thought
it was accepted. But I can't find any evidence of
the paper anywhere on earth now. If anybody knows
the paper I'm talking about, please let me know!

	Dan Connolly
	1996-Jan-19
	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/People/Connolly/