Re: [ hwg-main ] Re: background problem...HELP!!

Gerald Oskoboiny (gerald@cs.ualberta.ca)
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 10:52:43 -0700 (MST)

Subject: Re: [ hwg-main ] Re: background problem...HELP!!
From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@cs.ualberta.ca>
To: www-html@w3.org, hwg-main@chezrob.rpmdp.com (hwg-main)
Date: 	Mon, 15 Jan 1996 10:52:43 -0700 (MST)

Adam Guasch-Melendez writes:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Hakon Lie wrote:
> > Benjamin Franz writes:
> > > [ chris lilley ]:
> > >
> > > Grrr...
> > >
> > > Please, please ,please - if you tell someone about stylesheets as a
> > > solution to a problem *today*, also mention the fact that no major
> > > browser supports stylesheets *today*. Don't pretend it is a deployed
> > > technology - it isn't.
> >
> > My I gently remind you of the charter of this list:
> >
> >      "This is the primary public mailing list for technical discussion
> >       among those developing World Wide Web software." [1]
> >
> > Being pointed to work in progress is therefore entirely correct --
> > your "Grrr.." isn't.
>
> I think you missed the point.

Not really. The problem is that the original query was inappropriately
crossposted to two very different lists -- 'www-html', which is for
technical discussion for developers (as Hakon pointed out), and
'hwg-main', which is where the question really should've appeared.

Gerald
--
Gerald Oskoboiny  <gerald@cs.ualberta.ca>  http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gerald/