Re: Summary: FRAMES tag references

Alan Batie (batie@aahz.jf.intel.com)
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:30:39 -0800 (PST)

From: batie@aahz.jf.intel.com (Alan Batie)
Subject: Re: Summary: FRAMES tag references
To: william@cs.columbia.edu (William C. Cheng)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:30:39 -0800 (PST)
Cc: www-html@w3.org

> Are FRAMES becoming part of HTML3?  Visually, it looks very nice in
> Netscape, but the syntax looks quite ugly.  The problem seems to be
> that connected-frames is a UI and not a mark-up novelty.

I would go further and caution authors to be careful about what you put
in frames.  Used correctly, they can make pages a lot more readable, but
if you forget to use the right targets and/or the <BASE TARGET="_top">
tag on your home page, you can make it near impossible to regain the
use of your entire window.

--
Alan Batie                     ------        X.400: same day delivery
batie@aahz.jf.intel.com        \    /        ...in a nanosecond world.