Political Tags <noise>

Ben Combee (combee@sso-austin.sps.mot.com)
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:49:06 -0600 (CST)

From: combee@sso-austin.sps.mot.com (Ben Combee)
Subject: Political Tags <noise>
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:49:06 -0600 (CST)

I just noticed a poster to the www-html list commenting that in recent
work, both <SPAN> and <C> had the same semantic meaning.  I just hope
that the compromise reached doesn't create HTML's first sponsorship in
the form of the <C-SPAN> tag, which would only really be used to
markup Bill Gates's speeches and the Congressional Record.

(Yes, this was lame humor.  Happy new year!)
--
Ben Combee, CAD Software Engineer, small language enthusiast, HTML dude
Motorola, Paging Products Group, Strategic Semiconductor Operation--Austin