Re: Automatic Entry and Forms
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:26 EST

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:26 EST
Subject: Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

I found the following on cnet:

  By Nick Wingfield February 27, 1996, 12 p.m. PT
  Internet Profiles Corporation (I/Pro) today kicked off a  service that
  should make it easier for users to get on Web sites that require them to
  fill out membership or registration  forms.
  The company's I/Code universal registration system lets  users register
  all their demographic information once and once only at I/Pro's own Web
  site. Users are then issued a special  code that will give them
  automatic access to any membership-based Web site that is participating
  in the I/Code service.  This means that I/Code users are freed from the
  hassle of filling out multiple registration forms and having to remember
  multiple passwords, I/Pro officials said.
  I/Pro said that as of today more than 20 Web sites are  participating in
  the service, including Duracell, Pathfinder, Quote.Com, Sony, and Visa.

The company is at

Some interesting documents can be found at: (my favorite!)

To see the data they are collecting, look at their registration form at:

Imagine the implications when major Web sites require you to provide your
Icode before they will let you in.

	Scott Orshan
	BEA Systems (Formerly Novell) TUXEDO Engineering Group