ENCTYPE="multipart/mixed"

Brian Karlak (bkarlak@panbio.com)
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 10:45:23 -0800

From: "Brian Karlak" <bkarlak@panbio.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 10:45:23 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: ENCTYPE="multipart/mixed"
Cc: javascript@obscure.org

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19602211045.ZM12811.iris

Hi -

I'm trying to write an application here that processes large sequence fil=
es
that are uploaded by clients using the "<input type=3Dfile...>" tag in a
"multipart/mixed" form.  The connection is over a secure http socket usin=
40-bit export grade RSA ciphers.  The transfer works fine for small files=
, but
larger files ( > ~10K) it get the following error:

	A network error occured while Netscape
	was sending data.
	(Network Error: broken pipe)

	Try connecting again.

I'm using Netscape 2.0 as my client and connecting to the Netscape Commer=
ce
Server.  Does anyone know what is up here, and what the workaround is?  T=
his
functionality is VITAL to my project.  If the "<input type=3Dfile...>" ta=
g proves
to be insufficient, does anyone know of another way to SECURELY transfer =
files
from a client to my server?

Thanks!
Brian

-- =

  d  a  t  a  b  a  s  e  s     a  r  e    i  n    o  u  r   g  e  n  e  =
s=81
---
  Brian Karlak                 bkarlak@panbio.com          (510) 337-7910=
 ph
  Manager, SciApps Group      http://www.panbio.com        (510) 522-9394=
 fx
---
  P   A   N   G   E   A         S   Y   S   T   E   M   S         I   N  =

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19602211045.ZM12811.iris--