Re: Chuckle: (was re: expando)

Brian Behlendorf (
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:26:08 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:26:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Behlendorf <>
To: "Tara D. Mahon" <>
Subject: Re: Chuckle: (was re: expando)

On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Tara D. Mahon wrote:
> After the author made several phone calls and held countless interviews, the
> McDonald's agent finally said she could not find anyone at McDonald's with
> enough Internet knowledge to comment, and to just write the story without
> them.  The author then went on to register in his own name, and
> he solicited suggestions to "" on what to do with his new
> found domain (possibly sell it back to McDonald's).

Actually, it's "", and it was my name on the registration
:)  The email to ronald was hilarious, but not as funny as the email I
get as

Josh Quittner agreed to give the domain name back to mcdonald's in
exchange for their contribution of a T1 to a science magnet high school
in New York, which they did, so we did.

Now back to www-html, already in progress.