Re: Initial Draft --Cascaded Speech Style Sheets

Raman T. V. (raman@mv.us.adobe.com)
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 13:08:44 -0800

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 13:08:44 -0800
From: raman@mv.us.adobe.com (Raman T. V.)
To: David Seibert <seibert@hep.physics.mcgill.ca>
Cc: "Raman T. V." <raman@mv.us.adobe.com>, www-style@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Initial Draft --Cascaded Speech Style Sheets

For work on audio formatting and presenting structured information in a manner
appropriate for audio look at

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/raman.html

Keeping the audio and visual stylesheets orthogonal is not *silly* as you
suggest.
This is an important design goal, and I definitely do not intend doing a
speech stylesheet mechanism that keys off the visual.

This said, <strong> is clearly independent of both visual and aural
renderings.

Given that the visual stylesheet specifies to the browser how it should
realize <strong> it's logical  to allow the speech stylesheet to do the same.

--

Best Regards,
--raman

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (415) 962 3945   (B-1 115)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (415) 962 6063
      1585 Charleston Road          Email: raman@adobe.com
      Mountain View, CA 94039 -7900  raman@cs.cornell.edu
      http://www-atg/People/Raman.html (Internal To Adobe)
      http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/raman.html  (Cornell)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
            as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.