A HREFs to multiple frames

Brian Karlak (bkarlak@panbio.com)
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 12:14:32 -0800

From: "Brian Karlak" <bkarlak@panbio.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 12:14:32 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: A HREFs to multiple frames

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19602021214.ZM24977.iris

Hello!

I am developing frames-based software for processing and studying genomic=

sequence data, and have come across the following problem:

Is there a way to have one <A HREF=3D . . . TARGET=3D> tag link to more t=
han one
frame?  In other words, I want to be able to have one button in the paren=
frame bring up new HTML for two different frames, one of which will show =
stored query sequence and the other which will show the results for this =
query.
 I've tried client pulls in a META tag, but it seems as if the TARGET tag=
 is
ignored and the new HTML just overwrites the calling page.

Does anyone know any way, simple or complex, to get my html to do this?

Thanks!

Brian

-- =

  d  a  t  a  b  a  s  e  s     a  r  e    i  n    o  u  r   g  e  n  e  =
s=81
---
  Brian Karlak                 bkarlak@panbio.com          (510) 337-7910=
 ph
  Manager, SciApps Group      http://www.panbio.com        (510) 522-9394=
 fx
---
  P   A   N   G   E   A         S   Y   S   T   E   M   S         I   N  =

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19602021214.ZM24977.iris--