Re: Stop Background Repeating

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
31 Dec 1996 20:35:31 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 31 Dec 1996 20:35:31 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: Re: Stop Background Repeating
To: amas@lhr-sys.DHL.COM
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org

   I get frustrated when I have a background image with a column on the
   left and since I am viewing the window larger the I should I get more
   columns than I should.  Would it be possible to add to the background
   tag a setting where the browser does not repeat the image in the
   horizontal plain?

This sounds like a browser bug to me. Are you asking for control over
tiling, so that you can specify only a vertical repeat (or,
presumably, in other circumstances, only a horizontal repeat)?

   Sure this is cosmetic, but then so are a few of the recent additions
   to html.

<BODY BACKGROUND="foo.gif" TILE="vertical"> sounds perfectly sensible to
me. I'll add it to HTML Pro so people can test it out.

///Peter