Re: Encapsulated HTML file

At 3:26p +0000 12/30/96, Andre-John Mas wrote:
>I don't always get the time to read a file while I am online.
>Also, I would like to take a few pages home to read, where I
>don't have an internet connection. Some sites offer PDF files,
>but that means that you need an acrobat viewer and they usually
>take up much more room than you average html and links alternative.
>This is where the idea of a encapsulated web page comes in. By
>being able to have the ability to have an encapsulated web page,
>a site could quite easily allow you to download the whole
>document.

It's an interesting idea, but if several "groups" refer to the same
graphics, you would have to enclose them separately for each group,
resulting in redundant downloads if you wanted more than one group.

I think what you really want is a portable computer with an air-modem! ;)
(On second thought, do we really need to get *more* attached to our
computers, or have them be more attachable to us? What is a "life"?;)

BTW, I don't think there's such thing anymore as "no Internet connection"
if you have a telephone line. I don't know where you are located, but if
you are in the U.S. (I can only guess at "dhl.com" location) then you can
use one of the online services such as Genie or Delphi with a text interface
to access the WWW via Lynx, or AOL to access the web graphically.