Re: <table> problems.

Peter Flynn (
30 Dec 1996 19:30:49 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 30 Dec 1996 19:30:49 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <>
Subject: Re: <table> problems.

   Can anybody tell me why on my homepage ( does
   the table at the end extend about half a screen too far??

I don't see any table "at the end": the bulk of the page is one big
table, the right-hand column of which contains a lot of text. Can you
specify the start- and end-words of the text which you think is wrong,
so I can locate them?

One good tip is to stick to HTML and not wander down the sideroads
provided by browser makers until you know they don't lead to the

A second good tip is to let the machine do more of the work:
overspecifying the file (overuse of FONT where Hn makes more sense)
just makes everything excessively complex.

I'll go thru it in more detail after the next bottle of wine...:-)