Re: netscape cookies
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 07:51:08 -0600

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 07:51:08 -0600
To: Peter Flynn <>
Subject: Re: netscape cookies

>I'm fairly sure (but not certain) that you can't have an HTTP response
>header name containing a space (ie "Set cookie"). Isnt it

Yes - you are right.  That was a typo in my e-mail message.

>Equally, your "expires" value has spaces: I think it
should be in quotes.

It works without quotes in Netscape and putting quotes around
it didn't seem to help with IE.  This even simpler cookie:

Set-Cookie: foo=test;

doesn't result in the variable HTTP_COOKIE being created in
the subsequent shell script.  In IE, I get a warning around
the cookie being received and the info looks correct in the
warning message but the cookie disappears after that.

>How are you forcing this? With the META element
>or by doctoring your server?

I don't know what this means.  I am not doing anything else special.