Re: netscape cookies

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
23 Dec 1996 21:54:49 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 23 Dec 1996 21:54:49 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: Re: netscape cookies
To: gail@elara.tripos.com
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org

Gail writes:
   I hope that someone can point me to some information to
   help solve this problem.

   I have developed an intranet system for tracking defects that
   remembers the user's name and e-mail address using a
   "cookie".  This works fine using Netscape 2.0 and 3.0.  It
   doesn't seem to work at all using Internet Explorer 3.0.

   I am setting the cookie by doing:

   Set cookie: bug_user=gail; expires=Thursday, December 31, 1998 ; path=/ domain=www3.tripos.com

I'm fairly sure (but not certain) that you can't have an HTTP response
header name containing a space (ie "Set cookie"). Isnt it
"Set-cookie"? Equally, your "expires" value has spaces: I think it
should be in quotes. How are you forcing this? With the META element
or by doctoring your server?

///Peter