Re: Password and HTML.

Abigail (abigail@ny.fnx.com)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 14:44:25 -0500 (EST)

Subject: Re: Password and HTML.
To: desousa@math.ethz.ch
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 14:44:25 -0500 (EST)
From: "Abigail" <abigail@ny.fnx.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

You, desousa@math.ethz.ch, wrote:
++
++ I have a question concerning password and HTML.

It has nothing to do with HTML. It's an HTTP and/or URL question.

++ I can now enter a loginame and a password and I
++ can get in, but I would like to have this process
++ automatic.
++ I want to create a protected page from which the
++ users can connect to this server without having
++ to worry about loginame and password.
++
++ Does anyone how to create a page in which I can
++ integrate a loginname and password ? Of course
++ I do not want people to see the password and
++ the loginname.

Forget that. There is no such thing as being able to hide stuff
from the user. If you send something to the client, the user
can read it. If you don't want the user to read it; don't send it.
Period. No way around it.

Abigail