Re: Password and HTML.
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:20:13 +0100 (MET)

Subject: Re: Password and HTML.
To: (Simone Demmel)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:20:13 +0100 (MET)

Thank you for your answer.

my question:
>>> I can now enter a loginame and a password and I
>>> can get in, but I would like to have this process
>>> automatic.
>>> I want to create a protected page from which the
>>> users can connect to this server without having
>>> to worry about loginame and password.
>>> Does anyone how to create a page in which I can
>>> integrate a loginname and password ? Of course
>>> I do not want people to see the password and
>>> the loginname. wrote:
>> Work with your Server-configurations!
>> can say: this page is only accessible from this Client (domainname) or
>> from this IP-Adress-room.

This page is located in another site (not our site). I can not
change anything in the site.

>> The other possibility is to use a script for every doument. then you can
>> create pages with links like this:
The page is already protected in our site. I need to be able from my page to
connect to this remote page supplying a loginame and password (automatically).
That is my problem.

Thank you.

Carlos De Sousa
email :                      Tel: +41 01/632-2230
ETHZ, Mathemetik Departament, HG - G 14.2         Fax: +41 01/632-1085
Raemistrasse 101  ***  CH - 8092 ETH Zentrum, Zurich  ***  Switzerland