A logo for HTML

Andre Mas (amas@lhr-sys.DHL.COM)
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 14:40:03 GMT

From: Andre Mas <amas@lhr-sys.DHL.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 14:40:03 GMT
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: A logo for HTML

%UNIPLEX
%TO            www-html@w3.org
%FROM          amas
%SYSTEM        DHLNET
%SUBJECT       A logo for HTML
%VERIFY        y
%DATE          19/12/96 14:40
%REFERENCE     346940

Hi there,

  I have noticed that often on the Internet a given web site will
 a text that says 'requires Netscape x.x or MS Explorer x.x'. Surely
 we should do something to readdress this problem by coming up with
 a logo representing the current HTML release so that the website
 can say 'this site requires an HTML 3.x aware browser' and possibly
 provide a link to a page that lists a few of the aware browsers.

  I know that this is not really to do with the language, but I feel
 that the  awareness of the standard HTML as opposed to Netscape's or
 Microsoft's extensions is important for the readability of the
 internet.

Andre-John Mas

amas@lhr-sys.dhl.com
%UEND