Re: animation frenzy

Jonathan Gapen (innuendo@execpc.com)
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:02:55 -0600

From: Jonathan Gapen <innuendo@execpc.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:02:55 -0600
Subject: Re: animation frenzy

Le 17-D=E9c-96, David Perrell a =E9crit:

>I just tried to read an interview with L.A. mayor Richard Riordan on
>Microsoft's web site. Good interview. BUT WHY O WHY DID MS WWW
>DESIGNERS MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT TO READ? Goddamn stupid animated logos
>flashing and changing in the lower left corner of the window made it
>almost impossible to concentrate on what I was reading.

    The whole "browser war" thing to date has been also a battle of style=
 and
flash over substance.  If they can't put all sorts of gimmicky, useless l=
ittle
bits on their pages, how can they demonstrate the superiority of Internet=

Explorer?

-- =

Jonathan Gapen <innuendo@execpc.com>