Re: Cascading Style Sheets 1

Steve Knoblock (
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 03:26:12 -0500

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 03:26:12 -0500
To: "Gordon Blackstock" <>,
From: Steve Knoblock <>
Subject: Re: Cascading Style Sheets 1

you should read how their "useability" labs develop the new MS Office
toolbars. :) There's a lot about "open standards" on their pages, but they
are not very open about HTML in my opinion. Their extensions were a useful
addition and temporary measure but they seem to resist any true
consideration of how these features should be developed in an interoperable way.

At 04:43 AM 12/16/96 +0000, Gordon Blackstock wrote:
>This page at the Netscape site pretty much says it all:

>To me, the last sentence typifies the Netscape approach to the web; they
>seem to feel that whatever they want to do may as well be considered a
>"standard." I could easily be wrong (and have heard the rumors that they
>intend to support some subset of CSS), and it would be nice if I were
>wrong, but I simply don't have any faith in either Netscape or the
>programming team that writes Navigator.
   _/     Steve Knoblock, ed., City Gallery
   _/     City Gallery - History of Photography
   _/     Member:  National Stereoscopic Association