Frame targeting HELP please!!!

Boleslaw Mynarski (
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 02:06:25 -0500

From: Boleslaw Mynarski <>
To: "HTML General (E-mail)" <>
Cc: "HTML Styles (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Frame targeting HELP please!!!
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 02:06:25 -0500

Please, tell me that there is a problem with IE 3.01!  I've created a =
page at (it's still in =
the works) that's using three layer frames and Java script for =
targeting.  The problem is that IE does not update frames properly. =
Netscape does everything O.K.  This is what  happens.  Let's say I have =
frames 1, 2, and 3.  Using Java script I want to update frames 1 & 2 =
from frame 3.  It's quite simple.  The fun begins when some of my files =
are buried in a lower subdirectory of the main directory.  E.G., =
relative targeting such as directory/file.html is quite acceptable by =
Netscape.  IE, however, chokes big time.  It wants me to put =
../directory/file.html which at this point is not true because Netscape =
reads it as /root/file.html, thus missing /root/directory/file.html all =
together.  The only solution I can think of at this point is to use an =
absolute targeting like, e.g. = to avoid it the problem of =
Netscape not being compatible with IE.  However, this creates a headache =
or a nightmare rather in terms of debugging my pages because I have to =
be on line.  Does anyone know of a better work around, PLEASE????

>E-Mail: or
>Toronto,  ON Canada
>Tel: 416-245-8921
* >Need a hand with your web site development?  Let's get in touch!  You =
will get fast and reliable service.