Re: wherefore CGM?

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
08 Dec 1996 21:06:52 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 08 Dec 1996 21:06:52 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: Re: wherefore CGM?
To: nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us
Cc: davidp@earthlink.net, www-html@w3.org, walter@natural-innovations.com

   > > ... a 64-bit Unicode
   > > to handle languages from extraterrestrials. :)
   >
   > That reminds me of a couple of pages I found in a Unicode search:
   > proposals for allocating Unicode sequences to Celtic Ogham and N.
   > European Runes. Should be done, IMO.

Damn right. I'll be needing both of these for the CURIA project (Irish
literature online in SGML: http://curia.ucc.ie/curia/). We have a load
of Ogham inscriptions right here on campus.

   The Linux kernel people had what is known as the `corporate zone'
   which they decided would best be used for Klingon

At SGML'96 we discussed mechanisms for adding Braille and Morse to
Unicode, both of which would seem to predate the use of Klingon on
this li'l bitsy planet :-)

///Peter