Re: wherefore CGM?

Ian Graham (
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 19:23:23 -0500 (EST)

From: (Ian Graham)
Subject: Re: wherefore CGM?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 19:23:23 -0500 (EST)

Scalable images are also needed for printing --
regardless of poxy video display issues (really --
72 or 100 dpi is still pretty poxy). However,
A recent Scientific American article (an isssue from
this past summer) described a new LCD display with
> 200 dpi resolution, in full color, and readable in
daylight (I believe it was a passive panel that
used reflective light) The researchers projected 600
dpi before long. A display with the resolution of
printed paper -- now that's an exciting prospect!