Frame document structure

Walter Ian Kaye (
Sat, 28 Aug 1976 08:56:12 -0700

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1976 08:56:12 -0700
From: Walter Ian Kaye <>
Subject: Frame document structure

From news:best.www  (one of my ISP's newsgroups)

Someone wrote:
=> I don't think frames shouldn't cause problems with other browsers,
=> unless you forget to use the <NOFRAMES> tag. :)

Harold Sasaki replied:
>I don't understand why they have a <noframes> tag.  Why not just have the
>frame info in the <head> and have a regular <body>?  That would be less
>confusing for non-frames browsers.
>                                          Harold Sasaki

This idea intrigues me. Put the <FRAMESET> and <FRAME> tags inside
<HEAD></HEAD>. The frame tags could point to <DIV>s within the current
document, and/or to external documents.

How does this structure sound?