Re: HTML 3.2 -- INPUT inside BODY?

Matthew James Marnell (marnellm@portia.portia.com)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 22:45:09 -0400

To: ianweb@smaug.java.utoronto.ca (Ian Graham)
cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML 3.2 -- INPUT inside BODY?
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 22:45:09 -0400
From: Matthew James Marnell <marnellm@portia.portia.com>

:>
:>I've noticed in the HTML3.2 DTD that BODY can directly contain
:>INPUT, SELECT and TEXTAREA.  This is also the case in Cougar.
:>Should they not be excluded from this content? Or, is this a
:>reflection of bindings to scripting languages? I have always
:>placed FORM input inside FORM elements, thinking this was the
:>correct markup. This has changed?

The TEXTAREA one is probably for putting all that wacky dynamic
content that is created with onMouseOver.  Don't worry about it,
it's for your own good.

Matt