Re: What are the problems with IDML? (fwd)

Matthew James Marnell (marnellm@portia.portia.com)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:41:22 -0400

To: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: What are the problems with IDML? (fwd)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:41:22 -0400
From: Matthew James Marnell <marnellm@portia.portia.com>

:>Reference tools - yes. "Unused reference tools" - no. Only a small
:>percentage of the population uses a regional library in any given year, but
:>hardly anyone claims that they are a) "unused" or b) not important. I don't
:>see why the online equivalents should be any different.

Sorry Paul, I meant unused reference "implementation" tools, like
Arena, Amaya, the WWW lib, and probably JigSaw.  Tools that largely
behave properly and according to spec, but are not used for the
basis of creating enhanced products.

Matt