Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

David Perrell wrote:
> But of course. Silly of me to think it wasn't my fault that this page
> didn't display correctly using either NSN 2 or MSIE 3.

All these problems that others are having resolving
http://www.natural-innovations.com/as/osaxref.html caused me to pay a
return visit to the page, and this time I took a look at the three
parts separately:

	osaxhead.html
	osaxmain.html
	osaxfoot.html

Doing so I discovered that the mailto in osaxfoot.html had not shown in
the frame version, a problem that for NSN 3.0 Solaris 2.4 version could
easily be resolved with a scrollbar.

But the bigger problem may lie in how MS-Windows boxes resolve frames
and tables.  I have little experience with PCs beyond the occasional
visit to a local computer store where I can rent an "average" dial-up
Windows box for an hour to see how my pages work on PCs.  Doing this,
I have noticed that the Windows-PC does not do as good a job as NSN on
the SPARC, and that it handles tables and frames somewhat differently.

David Perrell may be onto something here, so, risking his demonstrated
tendency towards uncalled-for sarcasm and flames (an example of which
can be found at the top of this message), I would like to ask him to
take a look at my frame page at:

	http://www.fepco.com/bf.frame.html

and let me know how it works on his PC using both NSN 3.0 and MSIE 3.

How about it, David?  If it doesn't work on a Windows PC, this is
something I need to know (it does work okay on Sun and Mac boxes).

-fep

--
fepotts@fepco.com
http://www.fepco.com/