Re: What are the problems with IDML? (fwd)

Murray Altheim wrote:

> I think you'll probably see this under a separate message, but I am rather
> baffled as to how you COULD use META in place of IDML tags within BODY.

This may be a stupid question but....

If I put META in the body of my HTML document, neither Netscape
nor IE choke (they seem quite complacent about it, as a matter of
fact).  So, what exactly _does_ break when I put
META inside the BODY?  If 99% of HTML is viewed through these
two browsers, who cares if I put META in the "wrong" place?
I know SGML or HTML parsers will complain, but what does
it break in the real world?  E.g., what problems does it cause?

I'm not an SGML expert, so please be patient if I've asked
an obvious question.  Thanks,

-Doug

--

J. Douglas Donohoe
Emerge Consulting			   Chief Technology Officer