From:  The Boss[SMTP:matthew@tir.com]
Sent:  Thursday, August 22, 1996 5:59 PM
To:  jaobrien
Subject:  RE: Background Soundtracks

From:          "Jason O'Brien" <jaobrien@fttnet.com>
To:            The Boss <matthew@tir.com>
Date:          Thu, 22 Aug 96 10:14:00 CDT

I checked your web site -- the problem I'm bringing up is the fact that

the Netscape EMBED command places that annoying start bar and the user
has to start the music or sound -- this is good if that is what you want

to design, but for my purposes, I want a sound to begin automatically
seamlessly in the background as soon as a user brings up the page, which

Microsoft supports brilliantly with the BGSOUND tag -- the EMBED tag is

only useful when you want to place an interactive box, or bar, for the
user to press to start the music -- and this is why I am baffled why
Netscape or the HTML standard ignores BGSOUND or an appropriate tag.

You are totally wrong you can place a thing in the tag that
autostarts the midi sound see attached file!!
THE BOSS CREATOR OF TRUE LINK
HOME WEB PAGE:  http://www.tir.com/~matthew/
E-MAIL:  matthew@tir.com
A member of the HTML Writers Guild