Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

Lee Daniel Crocker (lcrocker@calweb.com)
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:49:24 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Frames - does anyone like them?
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Lee Daniel Crocker" <lcrocker@calweb.com>

> >Does the [CSS Layout] specification do everything that those who
> >use FRAME need? If not, what needs to be added?
>
> Very good point -- Frames should be in style sheets.  Unfortunately,
> I haven't studied CSS yet -- any experts wish to speak up?

RTFWD ("Working Drafts"), guys.  The "Frame support with CSS" draft
has been on the w3.org site for months.  It's quite complete, and does
far _more_ than NS's crippled <frameset>.  We just need someone to
implement it before that experience can be used to back up making it
part of the standard.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com>