Re: What are the problems with IDML? (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 06:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: What are the problems with IDML? (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 06:54:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Fisher Mark shaped the electrons to say...
>The third major piece to the puzzle -- how to represent multiple products
>per page -- is more problematic.  I can see here where additional tags could

Not really - just make sure the method is defined.  As I proposed in
another letter, some of the tags are mandatory.  Make one of those tags the
'open' tag for an object/product.  The 'close' could either be a new tag
used for that (wasteful IMHO) or simply one of these conditions:
* another open tag (new object/product)
* any tag it doesn't recognize as part of the IDENTIFY structure - covers
end of HEAD, other head tags, etc.

Same idea as block elements in HTML that have optional close tags - the
parser closes them based on context.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566