Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

John Bro wrote re http://www.FinanceHub.com/  :
> I know I like getting around the site with these frames, but
> of course, I already know it too well already.  Your private or
> public comments are welcome.

OK.

Although my display is 1280 x 1024, I purposely have my browser
windows set to emulate a 640 x 480 screen.

With my setup, both of your index frames have scrollbars. The bottom
button bar bleeds off the bottom -- I only see the top of the
buttons. The left contents frame bleeds _both_ right and bottom. This
is very good. Make 'em work to see your site, they'll appreciate it
more.

I pulled the browser window open to view the button bar, but before I
got it high enough the same button bar became visible on the main
page. Again, good idea. Give people a choice. But shouldn't you make
the second bar blink or something? And if the bar blinks, I think all
of those little logos should blink, too. That would be truly awesome.

I looked at your HTML and wondered how you managed to get three
frames out of four framesets. Most people need five or six. And you
cleverly avoided giving the bottom frame with the bitmap a fixed size
and a no-scroll. People with no design sense might consider that a
mistake.

All in all, an award-winning site.

David Perrell