Re: Images in Horizontal rules

Lee Daniel Crocker (lcrocker@calweb.com)
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Images in Horizontal rules
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:22:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Lee Daniel Crocker" <lcrocker@calweb.com>

> What about specifying "regions" in an image that should be of a fixed
> length, and those that should be varying?  How would a browser handle
> an image for example, "the bomb with the horizontal rule fuse" if a
> user resized the window?

This issue has been brought up enough now that I'll have to expedite
what I think is the solution--the PNG "resize hints" chunk.  The
image itself is really the best place to put information about how
it can be resized.  Of course, its placement indicates _whether_ it
should be resized, but the image itself best knows _how_.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com>