Re: Inline code a mistake?

Walter Ian Kaye (
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 14:54:02 -0700

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 14:54:02 -0700
From: (Walter Ian Kaye)
Subject: Re: Inline code a mistake?

At 1:34p 04/26/96, David Ornstein wrote:
>FWIW, on a practical level, I don't think people who are developing
>serious sites are doing much development with tools other than souped-up
>editors, though.  This means that for a while (at least until we understand
>what WYSIWYG really *means* in the context of Web authoring) many people
>will still want the convenience of putting scripts right into their *file*.=

Um, are we talking about code designed to display as code (syntax coloring)=
 or encoded data designed to be processed separately (.hqx and .zip files),=
 or code meant to be *run* upon receipt? Clarification needed...

Anyone who has Netscape 2.0 (or any other browser supporting tables, font=
 coloring, and charset META tag) might be interested to see my AppleScript=
 Snippets page <URL:>=
. I've been coloring the syntax manually, and of course it would be nice not=
 to have to do that... <G>  (Viewing document source on that page is not for=
 the faint of heart!)