Re: Inline code a mistake?

At 1:34p 04/26/96, David Ornstein wrote:
>FWIW, on a practical level, I don't think people who are developing
>serious sites are doing much development with tools other than souped-up
>editors, though.  This means that for a while (at least until we understand
>what WYSIWYG really *means* in the context of Web authoring) many people
>will still want the convenience of putting scripts right into their *file*...

Um, are we talking about code designed to display as code (syntax coloring) or encoded data designed to be processed separately (.hqx and .zip files), or code meant to be *run* upon receipt? Clarification needed...

Anyone who has Netscape 2.0 (or any other browser supporting tables, font coloring, and charset META tag) might be interested to see my AppleScript Snippets page <URL:http://www.natural-innovations.com/boo/as-snippets.html>. I've been coloring the syntax manually, and of course it would be nice not to have to do that... <G>  (Viewing document source on that page is not for the faint of heart!)

-Walter