Re: Animated Gifs - MouseOver conflicts

Paul Prescod (papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:19:20 -0400

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:19:20 -0400
To: "Ray Davis" <rdavis@masschaos.de.convex.com>
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: Animated Gifs - MouseOver conflicts
Cc: rm <infinety@saturn.net>, www-html@w3.org

At 07:43 PM 4/19/96 +0200, Ray Davis wrote:
>> I would like to encourage all members of this mailing list cut out the
>> following text, keep it, and email it (privately) to people who ask
>> questions about JavaScript, graphics formats, etc.:
>>
>> "This is the public mailing list for TECHNICAL DISCUSSION among those
>> interested in enhancing the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or building
>> systems that support HTML.  It is explicitly intended for the
>> collaborative design of new systems, software, protocols, and documentation
>> which may be useful to the HTML developer community."
>
>Cool, but why not add something useful like some pointers to
>where the person *should* be asking this question?

If you want to be friendly and helpful, be friendly and helpful. If you want
to be nasty, be nasty. As long as you do either in _private_ email, nobody
else will know or care. I only sent public email this time because I spent a
while looking up that quote and thought that if everyone kept it close at
hand we can make this mailing list more useful.

 Paul Prescod