Re: Smart Pages

On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, 869683 Gillespie Brandon James wrote:

> < I'm just dying to know how the pages identify the type of browser viewing,
> < last page visited, and so on.

	I find that the WN server has functionality in this area that I would never
	want to be maintaining a web-tree without. It allows for logging - and a
	lot more. It allows #if 'preprocessing' of text based upon the viewing browser
	the IP/domain of the viewer and/or what the browser accepts.

	I use it for :

	1) Restricting my co. from reading my resume which sits on my home page.
	2) Adding tables for Netscape1.1 but not 1.0 or lower.
	3) Adding IMG tagged to JPEG's if accepted - otherwise the large GIFs.
	4) Adding HotJava applets (alpha2 or 3) when viewed with a HotJava
	browser - or otherwise filler text/images.

	The list goes on. The WN server is at :

	http://hopf.math.nwu.edu/

	It is also free and secure ...

	Adam