HTTP Access to the Archives

Kenneth Blackwell (
Sat, 28 Oct 1995 19:26:40 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 19:26:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kenneth Blackwell <>
Subject: HTTP Access to the Archives

   "Every submission sent to this list is archived.  Eventually, this
   archive will be accessible via HTTP." (From this list's
						subscription confirmation.)

I was led to this list by its archives, which I found on the Web. They
(and those of www-talk) are the best HTML presentation I have seen of
archived messages to a mailing list. There seems to be no better way of
opening up the contents of a list than the display of a threaded order,
although 3 other sorts are available. The credit appears to be due to

Hence my question. Should the 2nd quoted sentence not read, "This
accessible via HTTP"?  Or is something even grander in the

	    KENNETH BLACKWELL / The Bertrand Russell Archives
	McMaster University Library, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4L6
     Visit our Web site: