HTTP Access to the Archives

Kenneth Blackwell (blackwk@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca)
Sat, 28 Oct 1995 19:26:40 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 19:26:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kenneth Blackwell <blackwk@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Subject: HTTP Access to the Archives
To: www-html@w3.org

   "Every submission sent to this list is archived.  Eventually, this
   archive will be accessible via HTTP." (From this list's
						subscription confirmation.)

I was led to this list by its archives, which I found on the Web. They
(and those of www-talk) are the best HTML presentation I have seen of
archived messages to a mailing list. There seems to be no better way of
opening up the contents of a list than the display of a threaded order,
although 3 other sorts are available. The credit appears to be due to
Hypermail.

Hence my question. Should the 2nd quoted sentence not read, "This
archive
<i>is</i>
accessible via HTTP"?  Or is something even grander in the
making?

	    KENNETH BLACKWELL / The Bertrand Russell Archives
	McMaster University Library, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4L6
     Visit our Web site: http://www.mcmaster.ca/russdocs/russell.htm