Re: where are *WORKING* archives of www-html mailing list?

Joe Wells (
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 01:15:54 -0400

From: (Joe Wells)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 01:15:54 -0400
To: "Daniel W. Connolly" <>

    Joe> The hypertext archives located at
    Joe> <URL:>
    Joe> are *NOT* working right now and have not been working since October
    Joe> 1.  I sent mail to the webmaster at EIT a week ago reporting this
    Joe> failure, but my mail has apparently been ignored.

  Dan> Well, did you send a check with your email message? No? You mean
  Dan> you don't pay EIT _anything_ for tech support? You do have a tech
  Dan> support contract with them, right? I mean: you do have _some_
  Dan> reason to act like a dissatisfied paying customer, right?

Look, those comments were added to my message to ward off stupid replies
along the lines of "the archives are at" and
"did you bother to report the failure?".  At some point, I have to stop
adding disclaimers and send the message.  But of course, there is always
someone (in this case *YOU*) looking to find something to twist and
misinterpret in an excuse to send flames.

Joe Wells <>