Re: hidden source code html & Netscape

Stuart Harris (sirrah@cg57.esnet.com)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 10:37:39 -0700 (PDT)

From: sirrah@cg57.esnet.com (Stuart Harris)
Subject: Re: Re: hidden source code html & Netscape
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 10:37:39 -0700 (PDT)

> The first versions of Internet Explorer had the View Source ability,
> but it was not a menu option.  You had to Right-Click on the text area,
> and select the option from the pop-up menu.  The recent 2.0 Beta
> release fixes this annoyance, by returning it to it's rightful place!

Hmmm, in the Windows version View Source has been a menu option for quite some
time now.

However -- remember folks, you heard it here first -- the FRAMES screen design
is indeed placing an obstacle in the way of those who would like to analyse
source. I don't doubt it can still be discovered, but the simple menu option
won't help you much on a FRAMES page. For an example, check our events
experimental page at:

     http://w3.thegroup.net/~zoom/zframe.html

Regards,
Stu Harris