Re: Bug in netscape

Chin Chee-Kai (cheekai@ncb.gov.sg)
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 09:13:04 +0800 (SST)

Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 09:13:04 +0800 (SST)
From: Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai@ncb.gov.sg>
Subject: Re: Bug in netscape
To: Srivastava Nandini <nandini@henna.iitd.ernet.in>
Cc: www-html@w3.org, cheekai@ncb.gov.sg

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Srivastava Nandini wrote:
> Is there a bug in netscape1.1 ? It has been observed a lot of times that
> it i am on a page and click more than once on the back button the browser
> vanishes from the screen giving the very familiar message
> segmentation fault core dumped

Somewhat related to this is a "crash-netscape-1.1" page that I've
accidentally come up with while twiddling with some tags.  The
page is at
		http://www.gov.sg/cheekai/crash-ns1.1.html
and never fails to crash Netscape 1.1 with GPF or SegFault if you
launch it and open URL to this location.  Was quite amusing when
I first discovered it.  :)

Anyway, the new version (1.2 I think) is quite immune to this
crash file.  If you open to this URL and your Netscape crashes,
I suggest you buy or download the newer version.

Just my 2 cents.

Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
cheekai@ncb.gov.sg	http://www.ontc.ncb.gov.sg/staff/cheekai/
Tel: 65-7749-167	Fax: 65-7795-234