Re: hidden source code html

Hakon Lie (Hakon.Lie@sophia.inria.fr)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 15:11:26 +0100

Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 15:11:26 +0100
To: mikebat@abs.net (Mike Batchelor)
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: Re: hidden source code html
From: Hakon Lie <Hakon.Lie@sophia.inria.fr>

Mike Batchelor writes:

 > > Anyone who really wanted to read the source wouuld find this very easy to
 > > get around.
 >
 > Any browser worth it's salt has already un-obfuscated the source anyway.
 > Doesn't arena display the source as it parsed it, rather than as the author
 > put the bits in the file?

No, it doesn't. We actually make extra efforts to remain true to the
source. But most browser/editor environments (e.g. Symposia and
NaviPress) reformats your sources when you write to a file, so I
presume they generate it from the parse tree.

The only time Arena edits the source is to indicate HTML errors; they
are inserted as HTML comments.

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/People/howcome/