Re: Enhancements to html forms

swetland@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue, 28 Nov 95 08:03:36 -0600

From: swetland@ncsa.uiuc.edu
To: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@cs.ualberta.ca>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Enhancements to html forms
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 08:03:36 -0600

> Simon Cox writes:
>
> FYI, <INPUT TYPE=scribble> is supported by at least one version of NCSA
> Mosaic for X (version 2.6, I think; I can't seem to get it to work with
> 2.7b2 although that might be due to the bizarre X terminal I'm using).

Actually, it's <INPUT TYPE=jot> that's supported.  The only documentation
we appear to have on this is in libhtmlw/inkstore.h and libhtmlw/HTMLjot.c
in the X/Mosaic source tree.  One other attribute that the jot type accepts
is SIZE="xsize, ysize" -- the default is 200x50.  The data sent is in
version 1.0 of the "Jot Specification".

This feature does still exist (and appears to work -- at least as far as
sending the data) in 2.7b2.

Brian

--
 Brian J. Swetland  NCSA Software Development Group, Mosaic/X Developer
 swetland@uiuc.edu  http://hagbard.ncsa.uiuc.edu/swetland/